Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Other DC Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 02-06-2008 13:41
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Anyone else picking up Final Crisis? Better question, anyone else understand what's going on. I get the gist of what's happening, but like most Grant Morrison stories, it's going to be a while before everything falls into place.

Pretty good first issue though.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 02-06-2008 13:50
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Grant Morrison is over rated. And now.. I'm freak'n confused. All the New Gods are now humas running a club. WTF?

Hey.. while we're at it, lets make Bruce Wayne insane...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 10-08-2008 19:34
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

I've not read them yet - but GM's stuff does confuse at times.......

I like the covers. I think maybe the initial one set the tone and it's stuck in my head, but they come across as very cold-war like.
Message Send Private Message
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 10-08-2008 20:25
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I read that all the New Gods would merge into one ultimate being and they would name him Grant.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 11-08-2008 11:14
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The third issue explained things a little bit. I still don't really understand where this is going, but it hasn't been that ba. I kinda miss Morrison's early JLA stuff where the stories were more like big blockbuster movies. I guess the Infinite Crisis was that story though. This one is more down to earth.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 11-08-2008 13:50
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Darknight wrote:
The third issue explained things a little bit. I still don't really understand where this is going, but it hasn't been that ba. I kinda miss Morrison's early JLA stuff where the stories were more like big blockbuster movies. I guess the Infinite Crisis was that story though. This one is more down to earth.

I've often thought "this isn't as good as that" when I've read Morrison recently. I loved the one were unknown aliens were attacking earth and they'd rounded up the entire JLA, except Batman, and he picked them off one by one. It was a totally simple plot but it was just riveting. The recent stuff just runs about all over the place and doesnt always seem to tie up. I liked his New X-Men stuff too.

I heard the new god was going to be called Chris.

BatSymbol2
Edited by real-dark-knight on 11-08-2008 14:24
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 11-08-2008 15:01
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

real-dark-knight wrote:

I heard the new god was going to be called Chris.

BatSymbol2

That's going to be the New God that takes out Grant. It'll be in the new Maxy Series:
Absolute Final Identity Crisis on the 52 Infinite Earths

It'll cross over in all of the DC books. I'm told that the plan is to have Superman Die and have a replacment, The same really for all of the Justice League. Then in the end, this New God, Chris brings back order to the DCU and does away with awful storylines..

That's just what I hear.. BYTBRazz

Edited by Chris on 11-08-2008 15:04
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 11-08-2008 16:15
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

That just made me laugh out loud.

Don't tell me - the villian of the piece is a Bizarro world Aquaman look-a-like called Cale?

Isn't the absolute jumping the gun a bit? Or is it actually called that? So the the super over-sized deluxe edition (at £50 a go) will be called Absolute Absolute Final Identity Crisis on the 52 Infinite Earths?

BatSymbol2
Edited by real-dark-knight on 11-08-2008 16:23
RE: Final Crisis Talkback SPOILERS - Posted on 11-08-2008 17:01
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

No.. they are going straight to the Absolute...

Because this will Absolutely be the Final crisis for at least a year or so...

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.