Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | KNIGHTS DOME | Contests And Interviews

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 20-10-2007 11:39
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Ed.. you you read any of the other questions regarding which figures are coming you'll see that Mattel will not tell us.

BYTB: Any Plans for a Batman Beyond Figure? Either in the DCUC or the JLU line?

MATTEL: Anytime we get a question about a specific figure that hasn’t been announced, the standard answer is always going to be “wait and see”. Doing Terry as a figure in either 6-inch or JLU style is something we are looking at. Just where and when he shows up will be revealed in time. We hope fans will understand that we simply cannot comment on any figure or figure idea that has not been specifically announced.

BYTB: Any chance of getting "The Batman Nightwing figure?" How about other characters such as Black Mask, Harley Quinn, Clayface #2, Everywhere Man?

MATTEL: We have to revert to our previous answer on this one too. While doing Nightwing is a great idea for a figure, again, we cannot comment on figures or ideas for figures that haven’t yet been announced.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 20-10-2007 15:46
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

We all know Mattel will not answer any questions about unannounced figures, so questions like…

Will we get (insert name here) in the (insert figure line here) anytime soon?

… is not going to get answered

However, what about things that were announced…

1). Why was the Cyber Revolutions line cancelled? It seemed to have progressed quite a way before it was shut down.

2). Mattel’s Animated line (TNBA Style) figures have not been seen for awhile, are they gone for good? It’s too bad if they are because there was potential for Mattel to make some figures that Hasbro did not make.

3). Why is Robin's head so huge in The Batman Shadowtek line? Batgirl has a large head too, but why is Robin's head way out of scale compared to Batman?

Edited by FlaBat on 21-10-2007 00:21
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 24-10-2007 14:38
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Razhwurz wrote:
To Chris:

I notice you took down the notation that you sent him the link to where they said 3 heroes and 3 villians... Does that mean that the statement was erronious?

If not, will he actually answer my question this time? (as he didn't answer it last time I believe it should be sent along side the other 3 questions like you did with the Attack Armour question last round if that's at all possible)

To Mattel:

1. My local Wal-mart has taken down all Mattel toys, and that probably has something to do with the recall; so is there anything Mattel is doing to try and get there toys back on store shelves beyond having customers come in and request Mattel figures.

2. Are there any plans for better online distibution so people like me who can't get your toys at local stores can get them?

Raz.. sorry, I just noticed this!

I took the line out because I had not gotten an answer. More than likley it was an error.

Walmart should not be removing ALL Mattel toys.. that would kill their toy aisles.. If so, it must be a local thing because the ones around here just removed the recall items.

And I can answer you other question.. It's been asked more than a few times. Mattel says they are working on better distibution, and in fact on 08 WAlmart is supose to have a Mattel aisle like Has bro has.. so only time will tell..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 24-10-2007 19:03
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

When sculpting and producing a figure does Mattel consider display ability?

While most figures will stand just fine, I have a few that won’t. The Batman line has Mr. Freeze leans forward, The Joker (Series 1) leans to the side, Ventriloquist w/Scarface has uneven feet, The Penguin is top heavy and a few Batman variants with oversized backpacks or equipment that makes them top heavy as well and unable to stand on their own. Mattel issues stands with some of the female figures, Batgirl, Catwoman and Poison Ivy, but not with figures that could really use them.

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 24-10-2007 19:16
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Yeah, I just can't find any Mattel toys... I can't find The Batman, JLU, and DCSH. Plus I don't recall finding any Barbies (I wasn't looking for them, but I went through every single isle, so I should have noticed them, ad they used to have a whole isle dedicated to Barbie) or any Hot Wheels. The whole place is dominated by Power Rangers, G.I. Joe, Spider-man 3, Marvel Legends, Star Wars, Transformers and some of the small time lines like the "Ultra Corpse" figures.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 06-11-2007 19:55
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Updated the ASK MATTEL section with the newest Q&A

http://www.batmanytb.com/viewpage.php?page_id=77#november1

I need more questions!!

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 06-11-2007 22:19
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

1). Instead of Build-A-Figure, why not do Build-A-Scene? Rather than include a body part to make a larger figure with each figure, include pieces that form a scene like The Batcave or The Daily Planet or Arkham Asylum or Crime Alley or bases that connect or something. As I collector I don’t always get the whole series and I would have parts of a body that I will never build. But if there were bases or scene pieces I could at least maybe use them as part of my display.

2). The new DCSH Clayface is awesome, but there is a lot of buzz Online about the rubber arms tearing apart. What are those arms made of and what can a collector do to protect them? With all the other Toy Recalls going on, is it possible that Clayface gets recalled as well?

3). Does “logic” ever get brought up with regards to certain action figures? For example the JL line had Batman, Green Arrow and The Flash figures on motorcycles. Batman and Green Lantern make sense, but why would The Flash use a motorcycle?

4). Does Mattel ever look back on the Kenner/Hasbro lines of Batman figures for inspiration for something new? Total Justice / JLA and Legends of Batman / Legends of the Dark Knight were some really cool figures and you might find some cool ideas.

5). It’s been awhile since Mattel produced a Batmobile for the Comic Style/DCSH figures. Did the recall of the previous Batmobile have any influence on not making an all new, different version?

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 31-01-2008 12:22
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Ask question! Ineed them ASAP, and then hopefully I'll keep up with them! The next batch will be answered on Feb. 15th! I need them questions at least by the 3rd.. But keep asking!

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 31-01-2008 13:03
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

The Build-A-Figure is the best idea so far so keep it going.
plus Build-A-Figure made me buy the whole wave.

Will we see a Batman 1989 action fig done in a DC universe style?
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 31-01-2008 14:09
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Let me say this.. again.. Mattel will not answer questions as to who we will be getting. One poster actually got mad and I've not seen him post because of this.. he kept asking if we would get a certain figure, Mattel kept saying they were looking into it. He got mad, went to Action Figure Insider, asked the same thing, and was told the same thing.

So, when thinking of questions, try not to ask, Will we get this figure, or that. They won't answer... sorry!

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 31-01-2008 14:17
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

1. Will the Movie Masters line extend beyond The Dark Knight? If so, do you plan to expand to past movies such as Batman 89 and the Christopher Reeve Superman movies?

2. When do you plan to reveal the rest of The Dark Knight Hyper Figure line, especially the Joker?

3. Will Heath Ledger's passing have an effect on TDK's merchandise?

4. Are there plans to tweek the Movie Master Batman? The pictures so far show it to have a large head and a rather small neck, making it kinda of wonky looking, is the actual figure going to be like that?

5. You guys said it will be a while till we get a comic Joker, so will it also be a while til we get a new DCUC Batman?

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 31-01-2008 20:14
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 31-01-2008 19:59
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

1). Why the name change from Crime Stopper Batman to Classic Detective Batman? This is the first time I recall seeing such a change during a production run.

2). Why not more Cloth Cape Batman 6” figures? I like the larger cloth cape on the TRU Batman/Robin 2 Packs, but most of Mattel’s Batman figures have a rubber cape. Attack Armor BATMAN and Bat Signal BATMAN were among the last cloth cape comic style figures released almost 3 years ago.

3). There’s a big demand for Wal-Mart to carry the new DCU figures, but so far they have not. Will Wal-Mart ever commit to the line or not?

4). Why have Alfred and Commissioner Gordon not been included in the DCSH / DCU series or for that matter The Batman series of figures.

Edited by FlaBat on 01-02-2008 19:56
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 01-02-2008 01:20
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Will we ever get a few playsets like a Batcave?

ultraconvoy.com
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 01-02-2008 12:19
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

1)Will we ever get a team boxset,for example, The Justice League?
2)Will there ever be a DCU Poison Ivy or anymore Female characters?

Thank you Smile

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 01-02-2008 19:59
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

BornAgainBatman wrote:
Will we ever get a few playsets like a Batcave?

Great question, a DCSH / DCU scale Batcave would be sweet!

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 14-02-2008 09:36
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I will be sending the next batch of questions in a few days.. So lets keep this up!

I also need to write this down so I will remember.. LOL

With Grundy and Grodd being so big, would Mattel considering to re-release a Darkseid as a CNC?

Hopfully I stated that in a way that they can actually answer that without saying.. (you'll have to wait and see) LOL.

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 14-02-2008 13:51
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

A while back you stated you were going to make a DCUC scale vehicle that was to be unveiled at SDCC. Are there plans to make more then one vehicle and Keep it a running theme or is it just an experiment to see how it turns out?

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 14-02-2008 19:04
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

While Mattel will not answer if they will ever do a Spoiler as Robin, or even just Spoiler, there’s a hint for a nice figure. I would like to know if a character like Spoiler’s with limited comic book exposure, but still significant to the series would get made. Maybe I should rephrase and ask about Mattel’s thought process on making C List characters to supplement the way too many A and B List characters already made into figures.

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 28-03-2008 10:50
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Guys, I let this fall again, and I'm sorry, but we have til Apil 1st to come up with some questions.. so lets think of some REAL good ones!

RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions! - Posted on 28-03-2008 21:53
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

1). Why are there so many Batman Begins figures being reused for the new The Dark Knight series of figures?

2). Will the Movie Master series of figures have Batman figures from any of the other films?

3). Will Mattel’s new 1:50 scale Batmobile series be like the Corgi series with Batmobiles from the different films, TV shows and Comic Books?

4). Why 1:50 scale when 1:43 would match what Corgi did?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.