Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM COMPUTER LAB | Batsterpiece Theatre "Comedy" Strips

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

History Of Batsterpiece Theatre - Posted on 03-07-2005 10:29
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Batsterpiece Theatre

What Is It?: An irreverent look into an ?Action Figure World? that pays homage to Twisted ToyFare Theatre only with less MEGO?s.

Where Is It?: It appears Monthly on the BATMANYTB main Web Site and The Voice Of Gotham forum which also includes a Talk Back thread for each episode.

Who Is It?: It ?stars? some of the 1500 plus action figures in my personal collection. It will be all-digital so look for a mix of ?chroma key work? as well as playset ?sets? as backdrops to the story. While I will produce the panels, anyone is welcome to write a story and will get full credit in the ?By? line. Every BYTB Member is invited to PM me with Batsterpiece Theatre ideas.

While most of the ?stars? will be Batman action figures there are other notable figures that may appear as well including; Aliens, G.I. Joe, JLA, Muppets, Predator, Spawn, Spider-man, Star Trek, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Toy Story as well as some oddballs you?ve probably never heard off.

Originally I did a couple of one panel pieces and posted them.

Poor Bats

The Croc Hunter Comes To Gotham

They both got a good response so I had an idea for another one panel piece, but I wanted to add to it. It started with a simple idea. Pay homage to ?Twisted ToyFare Theater? the panel idea I had became the last panel in the first Batsterpiece Theatre, Spring Break.

It started with ?Spring Break? which I posted on October 24th, 2004. I was going to post it in November 2004 for the re-launch of BYTB in November 2004, but Hurricanes threatened Florida and I posted it early.

I wanted to post a new episode every month or so. Although my next post was ?He?s Back? which I posted on January 5th 2005. I poked fun at myself for taking so long to post the next episode.

I followed that up quickly with ?Amend For Arnold? which I posted on January 9th 2005. It highlighted efforts to amend the Constitution so that Arnold Schwarzenegger could one day run for President. With over 900 views on the old board this is the most seen episode so far.

I posted ?AFLAC? the following month on February 1, 2005 with a McDonalds ?Bat Duck? toy playing the lead in those annoying commercials.

I brought sports to Gotham in ?The Running Man? where I highlighted Miami Dolphins former Running Back, Rick Williams troubles.

The most recent one is ?A T-Rex In The Batcave?, which pokes fun at the toy companies and a lack of Butler figures.

Others will follow soon, I try to get a new one each month. Feel free to PM me with your story ideas and I just might make your story come to life in a future episode.

Edited by FlaBat on 03-07-2005 10:35
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.