Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM CITY HALL | Batmobile History Updates & News

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
RE: You love the Tumbler, hate the toy... - Posted on 20-08-2005 10:05
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

spencer1984 wrote:
I read that there was a plastic loop band holding the top from opening, and you needed to cut that before the top could open all the way.

Just about all die casts have a clear band wrapped around the middle of the car. It?s to keep the doors closed while it?s in the box. I did cut the one on mine of (prior to taking in box pictures) because I could not wait to touch the Batmobile, although it?s still mounted to the base.

I can push the windshield in a bit and I can get the roof to pop up just a bit, but I can?t get to slide up and back like the movie car. Even the pictures (link in the first post) show it slid back, but not all the way open like in movie.

There is square rod like device running down the centerline just below the roof. It splits between the two seats. It controls the windshield and roof, but I can?t find any control to make it work. I can stick my pinky in the car and make the roof pop up, but I?m trying not to force anything.

The early grips about interior detail were probably compared to the other 1:18 Hot Wheels Batmobile. The ?Keaton? Batmobile has a very detailed interior with painted gauges and controls and such. The roof slides forward smoothly like the movie car and it is a beautiful piece. I bought one a couple years ago when the first came out. I now see it (also at Sharper Image) with a removable Turbine Engine. I?m not sure if the older one I have has that feature.

My only gripe about this new Batman Begins Batmobile is the lack of side windows. While the interior is nice, and they still could have put one in, I might have opted not to have an opening roof to mimic the movie. It was a nice touch, but the mechanics involved to make it work take away a bit from the model.

I read where there were only 2 Batmobiles used in the movie that had opened that way and they could not put in a real engine like the others because of the equipment needed to make the roof open that way. Instead they has small electric engines just to be able to move the car.

RE: You love the Tumbler, hate the toy... - Posted on 20-08-2005 10:33
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yeah, I wasn't sure if they meant the standard band, or if there was a second one hidden. I've gotten one or two where they've banded things together (I assume) before final assembly, and you don't notice it straight away.

That sounds much more reasonable with your explanation. Given the price of the Keaton car compared to the price of this one, I would expect some detail differences. I was afraid it might be "toyish" inside. But if the details are all there (just unpainted), then that's great. Too bad about the side windows...did they paint them differently to make them look like glass?
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: You love the Tumbler, hate the toy... - Posted on 20-08-2005 12:58
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

spencer1984 wrote:
Too bad about the side windows...did they paint them differently to make them look like glass?

No there are no side windows. There are windows you can see through on the windshield and even the nose of the Batmobile where Batman goes to make the jumps, but nothing for the two side windows.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.