Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 07-02-2007 01:25
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

The scene when Batman is fighting against some clowns has got to be 1 of my favourite scenes in the movie(The part when he's fighting them, takes out a sword from 1 of the clowns mouths to cut off a bomb strapped to another clown. Starts working on disabling the bomb when he approachs a very tough clown, attaches the bomb to the tough clown, and throws him into some hole as he blows up). The part when the clown blows up from the bomb is a pretty funny scene, in a dark and twisted way, perfect for a Burton film, who usually does dark and twisted theme movies.

To be honest, did that clown who got blown up actually die, or did he survive until the end of the movie. I don't remember, because sometimes in twisted movies such as this, the director may decide to have them just get injuryed like they were a cartoon character instead of die, just to have a bit of dark humour to the movie. I may like the scene, but it's not something that I feel Batman would really do, but for a Burton movie, it works, and since this is Burton's verison of Batman, I guess it works to a degree as well.

Bat-Man, just curious, what's wrong with Michelle's hair colour not being comic book accurate? I mean, if her hair was shown through her regular looking Catwoman costume(The clean/normal looking look, not the damaged verisons we got as the movie progress), I guess you'd have a point. But since the normal Catwoman costume didn't show her hair, I think it's just a mute point. Maybe it was to fit with Selena's character earlier in the movie as a bumbling secetary, the sort of "Dumb Blonde" stereotype. Who knows, maybe Michelle didn't want to dye her hair, or maybe Burton just didn't really think about it because he could care less what colour Michelle's hair is. Maybe it was something that wasn't really to worry about. Maybe it was to contrast her black Catwoman costume when it was damaged. Maybe it was a sign that that Bruce perfer blondes(If you notice in the 1st 3 movies from the orginal Batman movie franchise, all the women Bruce/Batman fell in love with were blondes). Either way, Michelle's Catwoman still is sexy in my opinion, whither her hair was blonde, brown, black, red, blue, purple, green, etc.

I like comic book based movies to be comic book accurate as much as the next guy, but I'm also willing to accept certain liberities from time to time, depending on the character, the changes they do, the physical features of the movie counterparts when compared to their comic book counterparts, etc. And to me, the colour of Selena's hair isn't too much of an issue, espeically since this verison of Catwomen had her hair covered under her Cat cowl(At least until it started to get damage). However, if they had Batman, Spider-man, or even Superman as blondes, then I would be a bit upset or worried, because eventhough Bats and Spidey have their hair covered, I just feel that for Supes and for these 3 characters alter egos, it doesn't seem right. Guess it's similar to what the recent James Bond had to deal with I suppose. I guess I can't really explain it and it's kind of strange.

For the origianl Batman movies, Batman Returns I rated as my 3rd favourite. While it is a bit too dark and strange for my tastes from time to time, I still love it.
Edited by A_Spidey_Fan on 07-02-2007 01:31
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 08-02-2007 01:41
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I love Batman Returns Smile
it was the darker and strangest one
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 12-03-2008 15:35
User Avatar Catwoman92
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Personally, like alot of u, I think BR was the best. To me, it was lighter in ways the first movie was darker, and vice versa.

Lighter: You saw more of Batman, openly, he wasn't so "hidden in the shadows". His persoallity was a bit brighter, obviosuly being attracted to Catwoman and all. More of the city in the day time, and it being Christmas time too.

The Darker: Have the world of Batman twisred in ways we never imagined: Burton stlye! 1) Penguin. Just looking at him made you go, "wow, thats different". it was new, fresh, and scary almost. Maybe to some of you it was. 2) Catwoman. OMG. I was in total aww. Granted I was only 6, but i was totlaly amazed at her Character. If it wasn't for Michelle, i may not have falled as hard as I did for her. Vereyhting was so, "puurfect" about her. I mean, down to her costume. It was based on Batman YR1, but it was darker, more twisted. And by the end of the movie, Catwoman was literlly falling apart! And not just her costume, emotionally too.

Everything to me was just better. Visually, Musiclly, everything. It's definitely one of my all time fav movies. Sadly, trying to continue it's greatness in "Birds Of Prey" 10 years later didn't go over so well, and trying to spin-off on the Catwoman character didn't go well either with 2004's "Catwoman" w/ Halle. If anything, BF should of waited, and "Catwoman", should of happened then, with Michelle reprising her role. That would of worked! I think.

*MEOW*Cat3
Madonnaboy86 Madonnaboy86 www.myspace.com/madonnaboy Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 12-03-2008 15:53
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

With a bomb strapped to your stomach, theres no chance someone would survive. However if I remember correctly, when you see the explosion, there was no fire or smoke, just confetti. My guess is it was similar to a snakes in a can gag.

I remember loving Batman Returns when I was a kid although there were some instances when I had to turn away because it just scared me. Two of the most vivid were when the cats start gnawing on Selina's hands and the other was when Catwoman made her first appearance. She stopped a thief and scratched up his face. I always closed my eyes.

Best scene was when Batman took on the clowns before meeting Penguin for the first time.
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 04-08-2008 09:07
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I think it's a good movie, just not a particularly good Batman movie. It's apparent to me when watching the movie that at some point Burton went from not wanting to do the movie to getting really drawn into it, but too much of the time the characters seem more like 'Tim Burton characters' than 'Batman characters'.

With that said, Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in this film is every bit as sexy and intriguing as it's intended to be, and the Penguin's motivation is quite original, even if the character is just a bit too much for my liking.
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 16-03-2009 14:48
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I finally found this page. Okay, I'm going to rant now.....1...2....3....

Okay, OMG! Batman Returns is like my fav Batman movie. It over rules all Batman movies, except for the Dark Knight. But that's not the point. The point is, this movie is freaking sweet okay. FREAKING SWEET & AWESOME! I loved this movie. I wish it was hundred times longer and had more PENGUIN! OMG Danny Devito did a wonderful job. I loved him in this movie. And I hated when Pengy had to die. I didn't want him to die at the end. So sad. All my favorite scenes were with Penguin though.

I loved this version. So different..so CUTE! OMG! He was adorable. A..D..O..R..A..B..L..E! I loved him. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVED HIM! I watched Batman:The Animated Series and 2004's The Batman before and I thought to myself: Where do I know him from? And it came to me. So I bought Batman Returns on DVD. And I fell head over heels for him. And now he's my favorite Batman Villain.

I was four years old in 1992. And I only saw a few parts of this movie. The only scenes I remembered vaguely were the ones with Catwoman. So, when I first got the DVD and watched it, I started remembering everything. I watch the movie all the time now. I've woken myself up at like 3 in the morning and started watching it. I have it in the DVD player so I only to turn it on.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the Penguin. Everyone just stares at me though when I say this. I've been asked why and I just smile. I have no clear answer for any fan of the Batman Universe. But I can clearly say: Love Makes People Do Crazy Things. And if loving The Penguin makes me crazy, then so be it. One of the best scenes in the movie, my favorite is the scene where Batman first meets him. Oh, there was so much tension. Haha. But I love it when Penguin looks at Batman and says:

"You don't really think you'll win, do you?"

I laughed so freakin' hard. Batman should have just given up right then. Right then and there. But then Batman had to talk back. I'd have given Batman a good black eye for talking back to MY PENGY! The fans complained that Penguin and Catwoman had gotten more screen time and I'm thinking: "Uh..DUH! There were two villains this time. Stop complaining".

When I think about it, Batman Returns is the better of the four movies that were released. I have nothing against Batman, Batman Forever or Batman & Robin but they lacked BRILLIANCE. As far as I'm concerned Penguin was the only REALISTIC of any of the villains. It's a shame that they won't consider him in any new future movies. He doesn't get the praise he deserves. And I think that I am the only one who ACTUALLY LOVES HIM.

And when I say LOVE: I mean over the moon, the whole nine yards, compassion, caring, head over heels, would do anything for, etc. I know it sounds weird, considering I'm a girl but make no mistake, I'm not playing around. I mean it. Every word.

The opening sequence for the movie is pretty cool. I also like the part when he is feeding all those little baby penguins. Too cute. And he looks up and says: "Hi" and then goes back to feeding them. Makes me giggle. In one scene he was making a face, which reminds me of myself when I'm trying to remember something, that made me laugh too.

I don't know where that movie would be without him. That movie would be nothing without him. Except for that, Michelle Pfeiffer's acting was the only other thing holding that movie together. Anyway, I don't mean for this to sound sexual or anything but if I'd been old enough to be in that movie, just one scene with me and Danny, and Batman Returns would be doing wonderful, even in today's movie standards. Don't think about that part too hard. LoL!

Anyway, thank you for letting me rant. There's enough here to make any Batman fan want therapy of some kind. LoL, just kidding! penguin

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 18-03-2009 12:34
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

...wow... well i liked the fact that for a bit. at least. they made the cops and the rest of the city hate batman after penguin and catwoman set him up to look like he killed the ice princess.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Batman Returns Pros and Cons - Posted on 19-03-2009 17:15
User Avatar TheDarkTAysOn
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I love Batman Returns, its a great movie. The only problems I had with it was that it was too short and could've used some more batman in it. But its a great movie. I just wish that Batman Forever was done completely by Tim Burton, I would've LOVED to see his take on Riddler

But anyways, Catwoman and Penguin are perfect in this movie. I love it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.