Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 25-05-2010 10:33
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

OTHAM CITY MEETS A NEW VIGILANTE WITH A MYSTERIOUS, VIOLENT TWIST IN
BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD

STELLAR VOICE CAST FEATURES BRUCE GREENWOOD, JENSEN ACKLES & NEIL PATRICK HARRIS IN ALL-NEW DC UNIVERSE ANIMATED ORIGINAL MOVIE FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO ON JULY 27, 2010

SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY AND 2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION DVD INCLUDE DC SHOWCASE SHORT, JONAH HEX

BURBANK, CA (April 27, 2010) – Batman confronts new enemies, old foes and painful memories when a powerful vigilante with a penchant for violence comes to Gotham City in the intense graphic-novel-come-to-life Batman: Under the Red Hood, the next entry in the popular ongoing series of DC UNIVERSE Animated Original PG-13 Movies coming July 27, 2010 from Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation. The full-length film will be distributed by Warner Home Video as a Special Edition version on Blu-Ray™ and 2 disc DVD for $29.99 (SRP) and $24.98 (SRP), respectively, as well as single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP). The film will also be available On Demand and for Download.

The stellar voice cast has Bruce Greenwood (Captain Pike in the 2009 blockbuster Star Trek) donning the famed cowl as the voice of Batman. Supernatural star Jensen Ackles is Red Hood, and Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) voices Nightwing. John DiMaggio (Futurama) and Jason Issacs (the Harry Potter films) round out the main cast as The Joker and Ra’s Al Ghul, respectively.

Batman: Under the Red Hood is scripted by award-winning comics writer Judd Winick and based on his popular 2005 comics storyline and subsequent comics graphic novel of the same name. Animation guru Bruce Timm returns as executive producer, as he has for all eight DC Universe animated original movies. Director is Brandon Vietti, who served as co-director of Superman Doomsday and was responsible for the first one-third of that film, including the fatal battle between the two title characters.

In Batman: Under the Red Hood, Batman faces his ultimate challenge as the mysterious Red Hood takes Gotham City by firestorm. One part vigilante, one part criminal kingpin, Red Hood begins cleaning up Gotham with the efficiency of Batman, but without following the same ethical code. Killing is an option. And when The Joker falls in the balance between the two, hard truths are revealed and old wounds are reopened.

Fans will be treated to an incredible package of DC Universe storytelling as the Special Edition Blu-Ray and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD include the second animated short in the all-new DC Showcase series – which features the popular DC Comics character, Jonah Hex. The short is scripted by renowned author Joe Lansdale and stars the voices of Thomas Jane (Hung), Linda Hamilton (The Terminator), Michelle Trachtenberg (Mercy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Michael Rooker (Days of Thunder).

Batman: Under the Red Hood - 2 Disc Special Edition DVD will have more than two hours of fascinating bonus features, including:

• Featurette – Robin’s Story – It was decided it was time to add a fresh face into the story mix, which turned out to be Dick Grayson, aka Robin. This is the story of Dick Grayson and how he transformed into Robin, with Batman as his father-figure role model.

• Extended Sneak Peek at the next DC UNIVERSE Animated Original PG-13 Movie.

• Widescreen (1.78:1)

• Two title-themed episodes from of Warner Bros. Animation’s 20-year history of Batman television series, hand-picked by animation legend Bruce Timm.
Batman: Under the Red Hood Special Edition Blu-Ray will have more than three hours of bonus materials, including all the great extras from the 2-disc Special Edition DVD as well as:

• Featurette: Death in the House of Batman – The story of how DC Comics heard the fans’ cry that the new Robin was not going to fit the cape, and how the Boy Wonder was scheduled to die.

• Two additional bonus Batman-themed episodes personally selected by Bruce Timm

• Digital copy

“Batman: Under the Red Hood is another terrific entry in the groundbreaking series of DC Universe animated movies, a shining representation of the adult storytelling that comics-turned-to-film has to offer, and further evidence of the combined creative power within the collaboration of DC Entertainment, Warner Premiere, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Home Video,” said Matt Bierman, Senior Vice President Production, Warner Premiere.

“Judd Winick's and Doug Mahnke's story of a Robin gone wrong introduced Batman's most personal enemy to date. It's unbelievably cool to see it brought to life like this," said Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment.

“With each exciting new chapter of the DC UNIVERSE films, fans have come to expect more – and Batman: Under the Red Hood delivers with an action-packed tale of mystery and emotional struggle brought to animated life by an outstanding filmmaking crew and voiced by the all-star talents of Bruce Greenwood, Jensen Ackles, Neil Patrick Harris and John Dimaggio,” said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Partner Brand Marketing.

“In his feature length solo directorial debut, Brandon Vietti has brought this dark, psychological thriller to the screen with all the action and emotion of a great Batman story,” said Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Warner Bros. Animation. “

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 31-05-2010 18:01
User Avatar DiscowingCanon84
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

There are 2 main reasons i want to watch this movie, 1. It's Batman of course
2. I love Neil Patrick Harris. He owns as Barney Stinson (I hope somebody knows what i am talking about.)

It sounds good. big grin Smilerobin 3 nightwing
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 01-06-2010 00:30
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

how i meet your mother is funny and jensen ackels owns face! plus who doesnt like this story of the return of the first killed robin?

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 01-06-2010 17:15
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

these dc animated movies keep blowing my mind. crisis on two earths was so crazy - the philosophical and religious undertones behind it were just nuts. if people can get past the absurdity of superheroes, the issues these movies address become so real. i know a lot of people had problems with gotham knight, but even that held a lot of depth.

to see that under the red hood will be a psychological thriller is good news! that's what batman is all about!!!

i'm hoping for mask of the phantasm or return of the joker status. or even better!!

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 01-06-2010 19:18
User Avatar cdemink
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I'm only interested in this because I think we'll finally get to see Judd's original reasoning behind the return of Jason. Not the Infinite Crisis reality-punch thing.

In a lot of ways I think this could be very redeeming for Winick who suffered some (what some would consider just amounts of) harsh criticism from the online community. His career really hasn't recovered much since then either.

"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me."
http://www.batmanytb.com/comics/ Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 01-06-2010 19:53
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It will be interesting to see how they do it without the I.C. background. With Ra's involved, they could have literally dug him up and put him in the pit for their own personal gain..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 27-07-2010 23:24
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Great movie. I would say it's the best of the DCU movies so far. What I always felt these movies lacked was that they didn't really pull me in emotionally, not much anyway, but this one really draws you in. I liked the animation; the movement, characters and everything looked good. Some of the CGI wasn't too great looking though, but small complaint. I also think Judd Winick did a good job writing this, I liked the dialogue for the most part. And the action, wow...maybe the some of the coolest action and fight scenes I've seen in American animation. I really liked the beginning credits, had a real nice creepy dark feel to it.

I gotta say, the Red Hood was a really cool character, I don't remember enjoying him so much when I read the comics, but here he was awesome. One thing I felt was that maybe there was just a little too much action and not enough character exploration or whatever ya wanna call it, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall I'd say it's my favorite animated Batman movie ever.
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 28-07-2010 20:12
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I really enjoyed watching this movie. The action just never seemed to let up. Red Hood proved to be a formidable opponent for Batman.

The acting overall was pretty well done. Jensen Ackles and Neal Patrick Harris stole the show. Bruce Greenwood was good but not quite intimidating enough to me. The problem is I've been spolied by Kevin Conroy's acting that its really hard for me to not think about him whenever I see Batman animated. I was surprised Kelly Hu was part of the cast. She did a fantastic job too.

I liked the character designs. It was simple but more a liitle more detailed.

I'd say this is my third favorite of the DC Animated Universe movies.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 28-07-2010 20:18
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

By the way, did anyone notice the DIN number on Joker's prison jumpsuit? 11940. Can you venture a guess what it could possibly mean?

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 01-08-2010 23:17
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

11940? maybe the joker character was created on january 1940? that's my guess anyways.

i LOVED this movie. the ending was my favorite. a lot of people interpreted it as abrupt and random, but i thought it was perfect. it shows a lot about batman's growth in how he perceives what is "good," and how he realizes he can't control everything.

the lesson i got from the movie was that there is no way to manipulate the lives of other people for the better. the moment you take the lives of people into your own hands, even with the best of intentions, things can go awry. it's a humbling message.

i think it's a good message for parents and teachers. batman trained these orphans(robins) in hopes to make them better people. while he has the best of intentions, it's too much power and responsibility for a person to have. things went well for grayson because of grayson, not bruce. and i think bruce realized that after the failure of jason - that's why he wasn't in a hurry to find another robin. tim drake though, changes up the formula. he becomes robin without any pressure, on his own, which is why i think bruce let him be. if he were to stop him, that would be him trying to control another teenager's life.

in conclusion, "this doesn't change anything. this doesn't change anything at all" makes a lot more sense. jason coming back to torment him/taunt him, still supports the idea that batman's controlling nature towards jason was not fruitful. jason dying, or him becoming a crime-lord/vigilante...they're both bad news.

the morality and ethics of having a robin is explored so well in this movie.

wow! long post. but i hope it clears some things up for you guys.

RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 01-08-2010 23:40
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

It also shows that Jason and Bruce still care for each other I was somewhat dissapointed with it simply because Nightwing was pretty lame lol and he's one of my favorite members of the bat family

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 01-08-2010 23:53
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

of coarse jason and bruce care for each other, they're like father and son, but not completely. bruce gives direction as a father would, but gives complete freedom as an older brother would - it's an interesting dynamic. unfortunately, batman became too much like an over-powered dad to jason.

you thought nightwing was lame? i thought he was portrayed perfectly. that's grayson's style - he likes to talk. from seeing the interaction between him and batman was priceless - it just shows how well they complement each other. after all, they were the first dynamic duo.

RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 02-08-2010 23:54
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I dono he was just too talkative but as far as him and Batman together thats how they were meant to be light and dark...

Dick matured some as Nightwing hes not Robin anymore and I felt as if they made him act more like he did as Robin than he does as Nightwing

Thats one of the things that disappointed me, the only other thing was that really just made the movie not what I expected was the divergence from the original storyline..... Yes alot of people were disgruntled over how Jason was revived in the DCU. But to me that would have made the movie better to stick with the original thing because it'd have been interesting to see Superboy Prime animated.

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 03-08-2010 01:20
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

You got a point, boywonder, there were some lines that made Nightwing seem like he was still Robin, and a young Robin at that. But wasn't a big problem for me, and if I remember correctly it was only a line or two.
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 03-08-2010 16:49
User Avatar gothamite begins
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Boywonder must be referring to the animated series Nightwing where he ws mostly grim and silent. The Nightwing from the comic source is a much more talkative person in fact read issue no. 1 his relocation and first case in Bludhaven he yaps about his ponytail severed from his head during a well drawn out fight.

"Hey it took me a long time to grow that ponytail"

"Actually I was getting quite sick of it."

I think those were the lines. Chuck Dixon one of the greatest writers of all time he needs to write more Batman comics

Though as the 90's came to a close and the new millennium dawned Nightwing matured a bit more but still retained his charm the lighter persona. In fact I believe the majority of the Nightwing lines were inspired by the comic story this movie was adapted from.
http://www.youtube.com/user/trans8010 Send Private Message
RE: Batman: Under The Red Hood Talkback - Posted on 25-08-2010 12:16
User Avatar DiscowingCanon84
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

"11940? maybe the joker character was created on january 1940? that's my guess anyways."

Close he first appeared in Batman #1 in 1940 which was in spring.

Thank you for wikis.BYTBRazz

Edit: Saw it a few weeks ago, wasn't completely absolutely true to the comics but close enough. But my parents came down right when the Joker was beating Jason with a crowbar. Really liked Nightwing's and Batman's interactions.
Edited by DiscowingCanon84 on 03-12-2010 19:05
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.