Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Batman Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Batman Inc - Posted on 03-03-2011 22:03
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Anyone else read the expansion of the Batman roster? It does not seem like much has happened in the story. I guess that the delays that are pretty common in comics these days have put things on hold.

The couple of stories that have been put out have not been bad. They were nothing to really get excited about. I enjoyed the Nightrunner story pretty well. Mostly because of the political intrigue from the assassinations. The Nightrunner character is petty dull. I do not disagree with his philosophies, but I think that they are trying too hard to make a statement.

I guess that there will be some kind of great threat down the road that will require a Batman army to handle. Ra's al Ghul has been lingering in the background for a while. Maybe he will be making some kind of big push.

Either way, the story should be interesting. It is largely different from prior Batman stories. I can look past the similarity to the Avengers 50 State Initiative that followed the Marvel Civil War.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Batman Inc - Posted on 04-03-2011 22:08
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

The Batman Inc comic itself isn't bad so far, pretty lighthearted and fun, I enjoy seeing Batman and Catwoman work together. I usually stay away from anything Morrison writes but I decided to follow this title. Issue 3 comes out next week so it should be interesting.
RE: Batman Inc - Posted on 12-03-2011 00:28
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

After reading issue 3, I am getting a little more interested in the story. Batman did say that a threat is coming that he needs help with.

The short international stories have been entertaining. As long as they are able to keep the individual stories interesting and linked to the overall plot, I will enjoy this series.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Batman Inc - Posted on 12-03-2011 00:47
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I actually became a little less interested with the latest issue. Whatever "threat" is coming it seems like it'll be awhile before anything happens. It's not bad, but doesn't seem to do much for me.

I've been much more excited for and enjoying Finch's Dark Knight, even though the delays have been pretty bad. But perhaps that's for another thread.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.