Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Batman Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 21-03-2008 18:41
User Avatar krislee
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Hi.
Could anyone help me?
Let's starts from the begining.
There's an image of Batman in straight, standing pose from "Hush - the end" comic book. And if you 'cut out' it right from the comic book it looks like this:
http://www.batcave.stopklatka.pl/grafa/inne/batman1024b.jpg
As we see it has this yellow light on it.

But then I saw a T-shirt with Batman with this same image/position but in 'clean version' :| ...
http://www.superherostuff.com/characters/Batman/images/batman_t_shirt_standing_2.jpg
So my questions are:
Where they have got this 'clean versions' from ? Does Jim Lee draw a special version of this image specially for t-shirts, posters, etc. ?

I'm searching for this image for a month, could anyone help me and tell me where can I find this 'clean version' of this image ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Edited by FlaBat on 21-03-2008 21:33
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 21-03-2008 22:01
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I’m sure they have stock art at DC that has a neutral background. I don’t think it is commercially available, but I do not know for sure. Have you looked for some “Peel & Stick Wall & Décor Accents”? They would be clean easy to scan images. I have a few, but none of them are that one.

RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 21-03-2008 22:36
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I have seen that image in a clean shot, but can't remember where.. it might have been from the comic itself. Warlord from CIOTDK is the one who did the wallpaper, he uses Comic scans, it has to be somewhere...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 22-03-2008 12:37
User Avatar krislee
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Hmmm..I'm not shure if I understand you well, but actually the problem is that in comic there's - not a clean version, check it:

It has this yellow light, also the cape/cloak is cuted on bottom-left
Edited by Chris on 22-03-2008 13:01
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 22-03-2008 13:07
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

A stock image is one that is used by various companies to promote their own Product. The image is given to them by DC.

The problem with this image, I don't believe it is stock. I think the maker of the Tshirt redid the image.

How big does the image need to be? Can you use the image from the shirt?

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 22-03-2008 13:58
User Avatar krislee
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

After you wrote this I think it's a stock image, because I've found a picture from some "comic convention" (?) end there's a... (I don't know how to say it in english) ..."paper sculpture"(?) with this same image, so I think this 'clean version' it's in some kind a 'official' and popular.

Also, I've tried to remove this yellow light in photoshop - and I couldn't achive acceptable effect sad

This image from t-shirt it's to small, a think the good size it's at least the "wallpeper size" - let's say a 768px high ?
Edited by krislee on 22-03-2008 14:00
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 22-03-2008 17:58
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

The yellow lighting seen in the comic book was possibly done with computer effects on top of the original, fully inked art. That original art was reserved and used for promotional/commercial imagery. Whether or not they have this art available to the public is difficult to know.

This reminds me of Neal Adams' art from Batman #251 circa 1973. The illustration seen in the actual comic has Batman running with no Utility Belt (The Joker took it), but it's a great piece that DC wanted to use for future projects. So a redone version was created that includes the Utility Belt. Although, some still don't have the belt, as seen on the Jigsaw Puzzle canister.

Original comic book art (1973)

Jigsaw Puzzle (1973)

Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams, Vol. 1 (2003)

Carmine Infantino's portrait of Batman & Robin was also used for future cover art and merchandise. I'm actually not sure what it was originally created for.

8mm film (1969)

Jigsaw Puzzle (1973)

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 23-04-2008 16:58
User Avatar tomstoyz
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I totally agree with the above statement.

The original "inked page" would have been kept pure & they would use that later for products. I've seen a few Jim Lee graphics used on different items.

Please visit the NEW BAT-BLOG!
http://www.bat-blog.com
http://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 11-01-2009 02:04
User Avatar cdemink
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I JUST came across this while parousing the web. Could this be what you're looking for?

"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me."
http://www.batmanytb.com/comics/ Send Private Message
RE: Where they get those 'clean version' of images from ? - Posted on 29-07-2012 07:48
User Avatar krislee
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Hi.
It've been a while Smile
I just wonder if anyone found this "clean" version of this image of Batman stance
http://www.batman...d_id=2877

?
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.